To best avoid infection of this sort we advise that the following steps are taken to maximise your system protection.
How can I protect myself against the WanaCry Ransomware?
You can protect yourself against the ransomware in the following ways:
- Ensure you have a valid corporate Antivirus subscription
- Ensure your Antivirus is up to date
- Ensure that port 445 is closed on your network
- Ensure you are up to date with all Microsoft updates on your server and workstations
- Back up your data with an external hard drive or to the cloud
Please contact your local IT Support if you are unsure if you are protected, or may have the ransomware on your computer.
Need Cyber Insurance?
Please note Cyberliabilitycomparison.com.au Insurance News is an information service sometimes provided by third parties Insure 247 Australia doesn’t warrant the accuracy of any information contained therein, readers should make their own enquiry’s before relying on information in the stories Terms of Service
Please note that any advice given has been provided without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is also based on information we have obtained from you. You must ensure the information is accurate and complete. Otherwise, this advice may be based on inaccurate or incomplete information. You should consider whether the advice is appropriate in light of your objectives, financial situation and needs