In recognition of National Cyber Security Awareness Week Cyber Insurer Dual wanted to provide 5 quick cybersecurity tips for Aussie businesses:
Back up Data
– Back up data frequently with the back-up stored off the business’s premises and not connected to the insured’s network.
Firewall & Anti Virus Protection
– Use operating systems with embedded firewalls and anti-virus protection software (such as Windows or MAC OS X), or run separate commercially licensed firewall or anti-virus protection software.
Never pay ransom
– It’s not always wise to pay a ransom as you are not able to determine where the money will go (i.e funding terrorism without knowing) or if the hacker will repeat this attack.
Third Party Vendor Management
– Any requests to alter supplier and customer details including bank account details, independently verified with a known contact for authenticity.
Incident Response plan
– Have a well-planned approach to addressing and managing a cyber attack to help respond to, and recover from network security incident.
Source: Dual Insurance
Please note Cyberliabilitycomparison.com.au Insurance News is an information service sometimes provided by third parties Insure 247 Australia doesn’t warrants the accuracy of any information contained there in, readers should make their own enquiry’s before relying on information in the stories Terms of Service
Please note that any advice given has been provided without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is also based on information we have obtained from you. You must ensure the information is accurate and complete. Otherwise, this advice may be based on the inaccurate or incomplete information. You should consider whether the advice is appropriate in light of your objectives, financial situation and needs