Trends in Cybersecurity
The release of the latest Cisco security report shows that the cost of data breaches amounted to more than 20% of revenue on top of a substantial loss of customers and opportunities for more than a third of the organisations breached in 2016.
Some of the report’s major findings included
- Ransomware is dominating the malware market although it is not a new threat it has evolved to become the most profitable malware type
- Adobe Flash vulnerabilities continue to pose a prominent threat
- There is a false sense of security about secure connections
Recommendations from Cisco researchers include:
- Instituting and testing an incident response plan that will enable a swift return to normal business operations following a ransomware attack
- Not blindly trusting HTTPS connections and SSL certificates
- Moving quickly to patch published vulnerabilities in software and systems, including routers and switches that are the components of critical Internet infrastructure
- Educating users about the threat of malicious browser infections
- Understanding what actionable threat intelligence really is
Need Cyber Insurance?
Please note Cyberliabilitycomparison.com.au Insurance News is an information service sometimes provided by third parties Insure 247 Australia doesn’t warrants the accuracy of any information contained there in, readers should make their own enquiry’s before relying on information in the stories Terms of Service
Please note that any advice given has been provided without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is also based on information we have obtained from you. You must ensure the information is accurate and complete. Otherwise, this advice may be based on the inaccurate or incomplete information. You should consider whether the advice is appropriate in light of your objectives, financial situation and needs